Today marks two months of being married! (How did it pass so fast?)
Some weeks ago, when my editor left his post, he gave each of us in the office a handwritten note.
Mine consisted of this statement: “In this 1 year, you got proposed to, bought a house, got married and went on honeymoon!”
I definitely did. And as I read the note a second time, I realised how true that was and how much I had overlooked this fact. It had been so obvious to others but I had been simply oblivious to it.
Looking back on the past 1.5 years, I have actually done more things than I thought I did!
- Feb 2016: Started Post A Posy instagram account
- Feb 2016: Took on a position in this current conpany that I now work at
- Apr 2016: Set up a flower booth at The Local People Art Market
- Jun 2016: The proposal. I said yes!
- Jul 2016: Holiday-ed at the Amalfi Coast with Mel
- Sep 2016: Threw an engagement party
- Oct 2016: Started our search for a house
- Nov 2016: Found a place we liked and placed a deposit
- Feb 2017: Attended First Appointment at HDB
- Mar 2017: Attended a last-minute appointment at HDB to re-do our financial plan
- Apr 2017: Attended Second (and final) Appointment at HDB
- Apr 2017: We got married!
- May 2017: Honeymoon-ed in Taiwan
- Jun 2017: Went for church camp
- Jun 2017: Cleaned up our new house and started moving in
- Jun 2017: (Soon to happen) Go on a mission trip to Cambodia!
I been fretting over selecting furniture and getting the house ready. And I wondered why we didn’t seem to have time to do the house properly and why I was tired all the time. I thought something must be wrong, with us and with me.
But I guess I overlooked that we actually have done A LOT OF things and I really need to stop being so hard on myself.